New opportunity not to be missed! Swingers – the crazy golf club are looking for an outstanding Bar Manager.
In return, as our Bar Manager, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits!
Swingers - the crazy golf club, consists of two fantastic venues that combine crazy golf, street food and cocktails to create one incredible social experience. Both the City and West End venues have two nine-hole crazy golf courses, private hire areas, at least three different street food vendors and high-quality cocktail bars. Swingers has a well-rounded portfolio of offerings for both the general admission guest as well as the private and corporate event client.
The Swingers team is dedicated to striving for excellence in all aspects of the business. The leadership team prides themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in class within the leisure hospitality sector. Swingers is passionate about developing and promoting talent and offers extensive support and recognition to committed team members, as well as having very competitive benefits.
What will you be doing as our Bar Manager?
As a Bar Manager you are expected to deliver expert knowledge of cocktails, wine, spirits and ensure quality of all beverage items, ingredients, and preparation methods. This will be carried out in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience while following and maintaining all local laws relating to alcohol service and consumption. You will also be required to carry our Duty Management shifts across the entire venue.
The Bar Manager at Swingers is responsible for executing and overseeing all Bar activities related to service and entertainment on any assigned shift. Specific duties include directing and supporting all staff members on the ground to maximize the efficiency and productivity, making critical decision and judgment calls in order to ensure the satisfaction and comfort of our guests.
The Bar Manager must regularly interface with other members of the Management and Venue Team plus guests to execute services and entertainment in the manner set forth by the guidelines of Swingers, most commonly found in day sheet or the staff handbook, but not excluding other sources.
Additional duties, including but not limited to: Duty Management shifts across the entire venue, administrative work, departmental work, staff training - policies and procedure development is also an integral part of the Bar Manager position
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide direction to the team under the guideline set forth in by the established protocol of Swingers policies and procedures.
- Daily venue cash reconciliation.
- Duty Management shift across entire venue on a regular basis.
- To carry out weekly stock takes and address any issues quickly and efficiently.
- Clear communication with the floor staff and management before, during and after shift to ensure optimal service to our guests.
- Assisting all staff as necessary in the performance of their jobs.
- Overseeing and guiding employee/guest interactions to ensure that service is provided in a manner consistent with the philosophy of Swingers.
- To be a visible presence in the room to both staff and guests, ready to step in and address issues at any moment.
- To be responsible for ensuring guests are satisfied through both team leadership and face-to-face guest interaction.
- Resolving any disputes regarding service, payment or other matters on an as-needed basis.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of corporate events, special events, and VIP guest services.
- Seamlessly integrating the various aspects of entertainment and service throughout each shift using guidelines set forth in the one sheet as well as other strategic and proactive measures.
- Ensuring quality within all Bar/Venue led products.
- Ensuring cost control during service
- Maintaining safety and security of the venue, guests and employees within.
- Ensuring that lightning, temperature, music, cleanliness and other environmental aspects of room are appropriate for our quests.
- Observing staff and participating in management employee reviews.
- Conducting and overseeing training of new staff and continuing education.
- Assisting the management team across all departments as and when required
- Seamlessly integrating ad-hoc duties as required.
What makes you our perfect Bar Manager?
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a management role within high volume, quality venue.
- Extensive Bar and Cocktail knowledge.
- Strong financial acumen is a must for this role!
- Excellent communication skills
- Personal license holder
- The ability to manage under pressure and make decisions in real time.
- The experience to operate at a high level under the direction of the management team.
- The ability to manage multiple operational and managerial tasks simultaneously.
- Personal maturity to deal with confidential information and/or issues with discretion and sound judgment.
We are looking for the successful Bar Duty Manager be charismatic, well presented – articulate and engaging. You must always be proactive and keep a level head. Excellent communication at all levels is a must alongside strong leadership ability.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Healthy work/life balance
- A clear career pathway
- Regular social events
- Gym membership
- Generous staff discounts
- Free crazy golf
This is a fabulous opportunity to join this friendly experienced team during this exciting period of growth and change!
If you think you’ve got what it takes and would like to join our team as a Bar Manager please click 'Apply’ now.