Conference & Banqueting Manager – Royal Hotel Scarborough
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working in the Royal Hotel, Scarborough, pinpointed at the centre of Scarborough and overlooking the beautiful South Bay, The Royal Hotel dates to the 1830s, and its grand imposing architecture, including The Royal's famous staircase and atrium, still bear all the hallmarks of the Regency Period. Many of the rooms have been refurbished, yet retain all their archaic ornamentation and historic spirit, which mirror a time of class and style.
The Royal Scarborough boasts 159 classically-styled bedrooms as well as a favourable sea view Restaurant and the Java Lounge. We also cater for conferences & events, with 3 large function rooms that can accommodate up to 300 delegates. We are looking to recruit a Conference & Banqueting Manager onto the team.
As Conference & Banqueting Manager you will be required to;
- Ensure the highest possible standard of Conference/Event presentation, service and management at all time, with strict adherence to accuracy of business sheet details and departmental SOP standards.
- Ensure safe practice and good housekeeping is maintained in departmental storerooms and with equipment at all time.
- Ensure that public areas and function rooms are clean, safe environments at all time.
- Undertake and record all training for Conference & Banqueting department staff. This must be up to date at all time. Arrange performance reviews/appraisals at intervals requested by Personnel and/or when appropriate.
The successful candidate will have previous experience as Conference & Banqueting Manager in hotel. You will also have excellent communication skills with both colleagues and with customers.
Visit our website to look at this stunning seaside Hotel!
This position offers an attractive salary and the opportunity to work in an exciting fast paced environment!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.