Duty Manager for Food to Go
Job title: Duty Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Job Purpose (overview of the role)
At Planet Organic we believe it’s more than just a job it’s a lifestyle! We believe in promoting health in our communities through organic, natural and sustainable products, and acting sustainably and ethically as a business.
What you will bring to the team:
We’re looking for ‘Planet Players’. Planet Players have a natural ability to deliver service in a way that makes people feel at home. They are able to wow and delight our customers in thoughtful and unexpected ways.
When you are at work you can expect to be doing the following:
- To lead, develop and sustain a high performing team
- Ensure that the correct level of stock is being ordered, properly received, stock is rotated, out of date stock monitored and back stock areas are clean and organised
- The shop floor department is clean, organised and well merchandised.
- To ensure that the department and store targets are achieved in terms of sales, waste, employment and mystery shops.
- Responsible for hiring good quality people for the team
- Encouraging good relations amongst the team and other areas in the store therefore ensuring other areas of the store are supported during busy periods.
- Ensuring that you and the team have a good knowledge of the products in their own departments, of promotions and new lines and can recommend different items according to different dietary requirements.
- Ensuring the team completes health and safety, statutory and product knowledge training such as Silver and Gold training to the deadlines required.
- Set and maintain high standards of product knowledge throughout the team by allocating time for training and following up on an individual’s learning
We’re really proud of our training opportunities at Planet Organic. This includes a Welcome Induction Day and Customer service workshop in your first week.
What we can offer you:
- Lifestyle Portal
- Access to our lifestyle portal which has high street discounts, cinema and gym discounts, specifically tailored well-being support and various free training courses.
- Employee Payroll Benefits (opened yearly for staff to choose)
- Corporate discounted health and insurance products (PMI, Health Cash Plan, Travel Insurance, Life Assurance, health screening)
- Kids passes getting you discounts to 5000+ family locations
- Dine club membership giving you discounts at thousands of restaurants
- When we opened in 1995, we were the first shop to be certified by the Soil Association and we continue to work closely with them developing training for new starters when you join the business.
- 25% Store discount (from day 1)
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- 1 extra day holiday for over 3 years’ service
- 2 extra days holiday for over 5 years’ service
- CTW scheme (after 12 month service)
Apply now or pop in to the store to talk with any of the friendly Management Team!