Barista - London
Job title: Barista
Reports to: Duty Manager and Team Leader
Job Purpose (overview of the role)
We are looking for Baristas to join our Food To Go team in our stores around London
At Planet Organic we believe it’s more than just a job it’s a lifestyle! We believe in promoting health in our communities through organic, natural and sustainable products, and acting sustainably and ethically as a business.
What you will bring to the team:
We’re looking for ‘Planet Players’. Planet Players have a natural ability to deliver service in a way that makes people feel at home. They are able to wow and delight our customers in thoughtful and unexpected ways.
Working in our Food To Go department you don’t need previous experience either in a coffee or juice bar, or in a food service environment – there are ways we can teach you!
When you are at work you can expect to be doing the following:
- Serving our freshly prepared organic food to customers, making coffees, preparing juices and smoothies.
- You’ll be advising our customers on the benefits of eating wholesome, organic food and using natural products to enhance their lives. If you can’t answer it don’t worry – someone else in the team will help you, hopefully you’ll benefit from what you learn here too!
- Processing transactions on the till
- Follow our opening and closing procedures - Through partnering with companies like Olio and Too Good To Go we became the first zero edible food waste business in 2018, with all surplus food being shared and not thrown away
- Carrying out temperature checks in line with health and safety standards.
- Cleaning and tidying the service and seating areas as required.
We’re really proud of our training opportunities at Planet Organic. This includes a Welcome Induction Day and Customer service workshop in your first week.
What we can offer you:
Access to our lifestyle portal which has high street discounts, cinema and gym discounts, specifically tailored well-being support and various free training courses.
Employee Payroll Benefits (opened yearly for staff to choose)
- Corporate discounted health and insurance products (PMI, Health Cash Plan, Travel Insurance, Life Assurance, health screening)
- Kids passes getting you discounts to 5000+ family locations
- Dine club membership giving you discounts at thousands of restaurants
- We partner with FCC Coffee Company – offering Barista training as soon as you start
- When we opened in 1995, we were the first shop to be certified by the Soil Association and we continue to work closely with them developing training for new starters when you join the business.
- 25% Store discount (from day 1)
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- 1 extra day holiday for over 3 years’ service
- 2 extra days holiday for over 5 years’ service
- CTW scheme (after 12 month service)
Apply now or pop in to the store to talk with any of the friendly Management Team!