Kitchen Team Member - Tottenham Court Walk
- Ensuring that the food delivered from the central kitchen is correctly stored, reheated and served in an appetising way.
- Ensuring that salads, muffins and other food made in house is made to a high standard and delivered on time.
- Following the company’s and health and hygiene standards.
- Ensuring that you serving customers and delivering excellent customer service when required.
- Achieving departmental targets and objectives.
- Completing paperwork as required.
- Kitchen cleaning, food preparation and receiving/storing deliveries.
Responsible to: Store Manager and Company Executive Chef
Physical Requirements for the role
- Ability to undertake shift work across all days of the week and weekends.
- Ability to lift large gastronomes of food into and out of the oven.
- Ability to stand for long periods (around 8 hours per day with a half hour break).
- Ability to stand in one place, chopping at the bench for long periods.
- Ability to stretch, lift and bend freely.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task.
- Ability to positively interact with our customers, serve them and support members of the FTG team when required e.g. making coffee, juice and serving food.
- Operating machinery (ovens etc).
Our key practices at this level are Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Team Work and Perfectly Done.
- Ensure that food is prepared and ready for service.
- To ensure the smooth running of the department in terms of operations and following procedures.
- To ensure the quality, quantity, appearance and taste of the food leaving the kitchen is to a high standard.
- To ensure that the section is fully stocked and everything is in place is prepared.
- Ensure food ordering is completed to deadline.
- Ensure wastage is minimised.
- Liaise with the Store Manager and the FTG Manager to ensure that the food offer is running smoothly and receive daily feedback on this.
- Ensuring that there is a clear handover at the end of each shift.
- Know and demonstrate by example Planet Organic’s customer service.
- Make customers a priority.
- Greet and engage all customers.
- Make recommendations about additional items to customers.
- Make every customer experience fun, educational and rewarding.
- Work and demostrates a sense of urgency.
People, Training & Development
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to teamwork, and a willingness to learn.
- Be responsible for one’s own training and development.
- Attend/complete training as necessary.
- Assist FTG Manager with all food ordering.
- Monitor and minimise wastage.
- Ensure that food from the kitchen is ready in time for service, liaise with the FTG department to ensure FTG service standards.
- Be aware of stock levels i.e. food and kitchen supplies.
- Assist with stock takes: ensure stock takes are completed and recorded according to company procedures.
Systems & Procedures
- Follow correct opening and closing procedures.
- Operate equipment correctly and safely.
- Follow Planet Organic recipes.
- Ensure all HACCP, Health & Safety and Soil Association procedures are adhered to and properly recorded; this includes temperature checks, cleanliness, and hygiene.
- Maintain high standards of cleanlines.
- Record all production required.
- Any other additional tasks that may be required