Food & Beverage Guest Service AssistantFull Time, Guest Service Assistant, Hotel Indigo, York
Though this role is based mainly in the Food & Beverage department, as Guest Service Assistant your responsibilities include: having the experience to work in the bar, kitchen and restaurant areas, whilst also ensuring guest rooms are presented to a high standard, being flexible within their role supporting any department in line with business demands.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Hotel Indigo, York hotel is a unique and trendy hotel set in the heart of York. The hotel boasts 103 unique bedrooms, with a funky and trendy Restaurant and Bar named No.88 Walmgate.
The team is very passionate, enthusiastic, and very energetic! The culture in the hotel is very important, and that is; trying to deliver the Hotel’s goals and objectives whilst at the same time creating a fun and great work/life balance for all!
York Train station is easily accessible, the hotel is a 12 minute walk from the Train Station. There are plenty of drop off points all throughout York for bus routes in and out of the city, with a main bus route running past the hotel on Walmgate.
Your role in our family:
As a Guest Service Assistant, key to your role:
What happens next
- Ensuring the set up of the restaurant and bar for mealtimes
- Basic meal production, with Food Safety and Hygiene practises followed
- Maintaining of buffets and clearing/sanitising of tables in restaurant area
- To maintain the reception, food and beverage outlets, public areas, stores, back office and staff areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Deal with any guest queries/complaints in a polite and friendly manner ensuring guest satisfaction
- All complaints, comments, special requests and other business to be recorded in the daily handover log.
- To clearly communicate with other departments to ensure minimal impact on guest service.
- To promote Brand Loyalty Club, through acknowledgements and new sign ups
- To operate the bar and restaurant to the agreed hotel standard
Does the Guest Service Assistant role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.