Full-time and Part-time roles availableThe Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquility.
Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.
Hadspen House is a focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel, The Botanical Rooms Restaurant, bar and kitchens. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering.
Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace, delivering exceptional service across all aspects of the business.
We are looking for dedicated Kitchen Porters to join our hotel kitchen brigade in the heart of Somerset. Our Kitchen Porters are the backbone of the brigade - ensuring our kitchen and back of house areas are clean, tidy and safe. This role could be the start of your career in hospitality or a fantastic opportunity to ease yourself back into employment.
Skills and Experience
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness are achieved in the Kitchen areas and equipment
- To ensure all equipment is stored correctly and allocated to the designated areas
- To dispose of rubbish into designated areas and to preserve standards of cleanliness in these areas.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation are adhered to; this will involve appropriate training.
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- No experience is necessary
- Quick learners and fast workers
- Great communication skills
- Work well in a team
- Work well on your own
- Take direction well
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Cross Training and career development opportunities