Banqueting Commis Chef - Grantley Hall - Ripon, North Yorkshire
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
Do you have a passion for creating unique and delish dishes?
Yes? If so, then please read the following as we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, five exceptional restaurants and seven sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
At Grantley Hall, we currently have a unique opportunity for a Commis Chef to join our Banqueting department. We are seeking a passionate and highly competent Commis Chef who is passionate about producing creative and unique dishes for all of our guests.
- Assist the Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen
- To ensure the training and standards are kept at all times
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within the speciality section
- Ensure all products entering and leaving the kitchens are to the set Grantley standards.
- To work with the team to set SOP’s given to you
- Track, replenish and keep in date order the stock holding
- Be pro-active in all actions and tasks set out for you
Key Skills, Qualities & Experience
- The successful individual will be willing to learn and have impeccable standards with an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for the Hospitality Industry
- Have excellent timekeeping skills
- Be able to work under pressure in a busy Banqueting and Events kitchen
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, 5 star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant cosmopolitan style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
- Free Uniform / Chef Whites
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Modern and spacious live in accommodation for eligible roles.
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary meal when on duty.
- Team Member of the Month Awards.
- Refer a Friend Award.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketeer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.