Sous Chef - London
- 27,000-30,000 depending on experience
- 07:00-15:30 (with 30 minutes break), Mon-Fri
BaxterStorey is one of the fastest growing hospitality providers in the UK. We are proud of the internal careers we have created, and we are looking for new team members to be a part of our growing company.
We pride ourselves on our love for fresh, local, seasonal produce not just because we believe it tastes better, but because it has a big environmental impact, from reducing food miles, to huge social benefits supporting local suppliers and businesses.
We are a small and friendly team of professionals, providing day-to-day bespoke hospitality & catering to our clients.
Sous Chef benefits:
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- barista made coffee ( as much as you wish)
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
What would we like from our Sous Chefs?
- Display a real passion for food
- Previous experience within a demanding kitchen at the relevant level
- Team player with the ability to manage the team when Head Chef is absent
- Ability to manage costs, negotiate and build relationships with suppliers
- Compliant from both a Food Hygiene and Food Safety perspective
- Relevant qualifications
Sous Chef requirements:
- Assist the Head Chef in the kitchen operation
- Look at the development and planning of menus, including future food trends
- Develop new styles of service and concepts in the location
- Compile all food orders for your sections, ensuring food standards and cost are agreed with the Head Chef
- Ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you. Ready to join us? Apply today!