Sales Agent – Britannia Central Reservations
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working for Britannia Hotels! Due to continued expansion we are looking for a Sales Agent who will join our team at Britannia Central Reservations.
As Sales Agent, you will be required to:
- Maximise hotel reservations and revenue for Britannia hotels within Central Reservations.
- Maintain a professional attitude and uphold high levels of service throughout the company ensuring efficient service delivery.
- Follow PCI compliance procedures and maintain data protection at all time.
- Make reservations by way of answering incoming calls.
- Answer customer enquiries or passing them to the correct department.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Ensure maximum revenue is achieved by way of up selling packages and rates.
- Achieve core standards and revenue targets.
- Ensure product knowledge of all hotel units.
- Attend training sessions to improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Understand business partners and Britannia Hotels closeout and allocation procedures.
- Complete prepaid reservations payment reports when required.
- Input correspondence from suppliers to confirm reservations when required.
- Actively read the company extranet daily.
- Take part in Hotel and site visits when required.
- Follow the call guide procedures.
- Amend and cancel reservations where needed.
- Ensure highest levels of bookings conversion.
- Ensure ‘make busy’ time is set to a minimum.
- Ensure correctness of bookings.
- Highlight revenue and customer issues to Sales Supervisors/Sales Team Manager.
- Undertaking daily reservations checks as required.
- Mentor/Buddy new starters when required.
- Comply with health and safety procedures within Central Reservations.
- Promote the Britannia Hotel brand.
- Ensure compliance with call centre policies and procedures.
- Do any other duties deemed necessary by management.
Note: Time Keeping, Sickness and Errors could be discounted from bonus earned at the managers’ discretion.
Essential skills and Experience for the position are:
- Computer skills
- Target Driven
- Sales skills
- Ability to influence
- Excellent communicator
- Problem solver
- Forward thinker
- Ability to manage own workloads
- Customer service background
Previous experience in telephone work, sales or customer services are preferred. However basic computer skills essential, as well as an excellent telephone manner and be clearly spoken. This position is available on Full Time and Part Time basis.
3 months training for the position will take place in Hale Village in Altrincham, the role will be based in Trafford Park.
This position offers an attractive salary and the opportunity for you to work in an exciting and friendly atmosphere!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 60 hotels & 6 parks
- Meals on duty
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.