Night Porter – Royal Hotel Scarborough
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working in the Royal Hotel, Scarborough, pinpointed at the centre of Scarborough and overlooking the beautiful South Bay, The Royal Hotel dates to the 1830s, and its grand imposing architecture, including The Royal's famous staircase and atrium, still bear all the hallmarks of the Regency Period. Many of the rooms have been refurbished, yet retain all their archaic ornamentation and historic spirit, which mirror a time of class and style.
The Royal Scarborough boasts 159 classically-styled bedrooms as well as a favourable sea view Restaurant and the Java Lounge. We also cater for conferences & events, with 3 large function rooms that can accommodate up to 300 delegates. The Royal Scarborough also has a 24-hour reception desk due to our popularity and location. Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit a Night Porter onto the team.
As Night Porter you will be required to;
- Look after hotel security and guest welfare at night, maintaining the upmost courtesy and politeness to guests always.
- Conduct regular floor walks and security checks of fire exits and public areas, reporting any irregularities to the manager on duty.
- Assist in setting up and servicing event rooms.
- Have thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the hotel and department and to provide support as and when required.
- Be aware of weekly business in the hotel & maximise every sales opportunity for food, beverage and rooms.
The successful candidate will be organised, punctual and efficient. You will also have excellent communication skills with both colleagues and with customers. This position is available on full-time & part-time basis.
Visit our website and check out this stunning seaside hotel!
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.