Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard - Fully Funded NPLQ Course - Bexley
40 hours per week
Vacancies in Bexley at:
- Sidcup Leisure Centre - DA15 9AE
- Erith Leisure Centre - DA8 3AT
- Crook Log Leisure Centre - DA7 4HH
Are you a strong swimmer looking to kick start your career in the leisure industry? We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our team of Recreation Assistants full time!
- This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to embark on a career in leisure, we are looking to recruit full time Recreation Assistants and fund their National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Parkwood Leisure has brilliant development opportunities that lead through to management positions across local sites
- If you are interested in a career in leisure, we also have fantastic training programmes that can lead to management positions, with a real focus on individual development
- Lifeguards benefit from varied working hours which you can easily fit around your other commitments, working within a team and there’s also the opportunity to progress your career within the leisure industry
- This key role will report to the Duty Manager and will involve assistance with the day to day operations of the centre, including swimming pool supervision, cleaning duties and equipment set-ups for a variety of leisure activities
- You will be aware of all Health and Safety issues within the Centre, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- You will ensure all parts of the Centre are safe and secure when not in use
- You will undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Leisure Centre
- The job offer is dependant on successful completion of the NPLQ Course and DBS check
- The successful candidate will commit to a minimum one year contract with Parkwood Leisure
- The candidate must be a strong and competent swimmer (swim tests will be conducted)
- The successful candidate will need to be flexible, reliable, possess good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- The candidate must be able to work using their own initiative and have a customer focused approach
- You will be required to work 40 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern of early mornings, evenings and weekend hours
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person / Employee discount portal / Company sick pay / Career Progression and More!!...
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV.
About Lex Leisure
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.