Swimming Coordinator – Richmond-Upon Thames
Sports Generation is a high calibre swimming coaching company, cofounded by Christian Kenny and Christopher Whitworth in the summer of 2012 to deliver superior small group and shared private weekly swimming lessons to adults and children. Lessons are taught by fully qualified and highly experienced coaches who are passionate about swimming and provide safe, productive sessions, developing strong, skilled and happy swimmers. Sports Generation currently coaches over 2000 children every week in Central London, West London, Surrey and Hampshire, at prestigious health clubs and luxury private residences.
Summary of Position
Organised, articulate and service driven you will thrive in a fast-paced office environment and will be responsible for the service delivery from our office from 9.30am to 2.30pm daily. You will then be expected to teach from 3.30pm to 6.30pm daily. Your normal working week will be Monday to Friday but there will be periods in the year that weekend work is necessary.
You will be an outstanding swimming coach able to lead the delivery of lessons to the Sports Generation standard, setting an example for others to follow, you will be a natural enthusiast and brand ambassador to clients and colleagues alike.
- Responsible for all front-end service delivery you will ensure Sports Generation philosophy and approach is promoted at all times with children, parents and with prospective clients.
- Working daily in the head office you will have natural administrative talent and a keen eye for detail.
- Providing a first-class booking service to all prospective and current clients.
- A natural enthusiast, you will be positive, articulate and deliver outstanding service.
- You will be measured against the programme operating at a minimum of 95% capacity during term time and intensive course weeks. If this percentage is not met, then you will take responsibility to contact the prospective clients.
- Provide high quality teaching for children's swimming lessons from Stage 1 to Stage 10. Lesson planning and structure must conform to Sports Generation scheme of work.
- Provide structure to lessons ensuring children (or adults) can build on their skills and demonstrate a good understanding of appropriate swimming techniques for their identified level with the aim of progressing them through the swim level structure over time.
- Assess pupils weekly and progress should be clearly discussed with parents.
- Engage with, and build trust of, the children and parents attending sessions.
- Able to demonstrate working under pressure and to tight timelines
- Fantastic organisational skills
- STA/ASA Level 2 Swimming teaching certificate
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.