Assistant General Manager - Sherwood St, London
A bustling Parisian brasserie offering exceptional value and traditional French food in a historic Art Deco setting. The building also plays host to the ZL Cafe, Bar Americain and The Crazy Coqs - a live music and cabaret venue.
A very exciting opportunity is becoming available for an Assistant General Manager.
This leading role will see you working closely with and deputizing for the General Manager in managing the day to day operations, to include:
- Interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, direction of work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining of staff
- Developing and sustaining excellent relationships with guests, making sure the very best quality service standards are provided at all times
- Overseeing the training of staff through close liaison with the P&D department and to ensure that the team are trained to the level of excellence required
- Helping to maintain the correct stock levels for the needs of the business
- To be responsible for the compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation
- Managing and monitoring expenditure to set and meet budgets for each year
You must have a true understanding of quality service and a close eye for detail. The ability to motivate and encourage an international team and work successfully and in collaboration with the wider F&B outlets is critical.
- To have a positive impact, accepting personal responsibility for making things happen
- To be decisive, using initiative, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn in order to improve your personal performance
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
You will need proven experience of working in a senior restaurant management role within establishments that offer quality high volume services.
We deliver hospitality from the heart to create places where people feel they belong!