Events Manager - The Langham, London
Job Summary .
The Langham, London; Europe’s first Grand Hotel and Forbes 5* rated property, is currently recruiting for an Events Manager to join our talented Sales & Marketing team.We are looking for a true hospitality professional, with the flair to deliver service at the highest level.
In the role of an Events Manager, your key focus will be to:
- successfully plan and execute corporate and social residential and non-residential events
- work closely with client/organiser throughout the process of planning and during the actual event
- carry out site visits and menu tastings
- prepare the event BEOs and participate in daily/weekly BEO meetings
- communicate and work closely with internal departments such as Reservations, Kitchens, Sales etc.
- undertake post-event follow-up calls to show client support, solicit and address feedback and discover future booking opportunities
Apart from a competitive salary, we also offer an excellent range of colleague benefits; such as:
- 4 weeks holidays plus 8 bank holidays (which attract time off in lieu when worked)
- meals on duty
- uniform supplied and laundered or if non-uniform colleague, a complimentary valet service of work attire provided
- complimentary accommodation at other Langham Hotels
- discounted accommodation at The Langham, London
- discounts for you and your friends and family in our food and beverage outlets and on Spa treatments
- a subsidised taxi journey for any shift scheduled to finish between 00:00 and 04:00hrs
- pension plan
- life insurance
- eye test vouchers
- cycle to work scheme
- season travelcard loan
- colleague recognition system - being recognised and rewarded for positive guest comments or when you go the extra mile
- learning and development opportunities, which also include paid and unpaid cross departmental training opportunities
- two staff parties per year and a number of colleague social and community events
Langham Hospitality Group (LHG) is a global hotel company with properties located in major cities and four continents under The Langham Hotels and Resorts and Cordis Hotels and Resorts brands. It is the hospitality arm of Great Eagle Holdings, a leading property development company in Hong Kong.
The Langham London, London’s Original Grand Hotel and flagship of the international Langham Hospitality Group comprises 380 luxury bedrooms and suites, the acclaimed Roux at The Landau and Palm Court restaurants, the Artesian Bar and Wigmore Tavern, extensive Meeting & Events facilities, Europe’s first Chuan Body + Soul Spa and Sauce by The Langham, our cookery school. The team at the hotel prides itself on creating enchanting encounters for our guests and we’ve been doing so since 1865.
Would you like to be a Events Manager in such an iconic hotel? Then go ahead, apply! Requirement .
Do you have? –
- previous experience within events in a hotel environment
- excellent customer service skills
- strong administrative and organisation skills
- great attention to details
- ability to work under pressure and multi-task a number of different activities
- previous use of Opera and Delphi systems