Receptionist - Eastbourne
Working with our Front of House Team, you will excel at proving guests with first class service, ensuring a smooth check-in/out service and deal with any enquiries swiftly and efficiently.
As the first port of call for guests, you will directly affect their impression and experience of staying within an Elite Hotel. We are proud of the level of service offered at our hotels and you will provide a pivotal role in maintaining these standards. Although specific hotel reception experience is not essential, you will need to have an understanding of what constitutes outstanding service. You will have excellent communication and administration skills as well as an eye for detail. Flexibilty is key due to working early or late shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- To greet guests at the desk, and check them in and out, escorting guests to their rooms if concierge are unavailable.
- Receive payment of guests’ accounts and operate the PDQ machines.
- To check availability and take correct details in order to sell rooms at the best possible rates and to enter reservations into the computer.
- To act as cashier for the guests and other departments, including exchanging foreign currency.
- To be part of a warm caring, professional Receptionist Team
- To promote the Hotel over the telephone and know the facilities available in order to sell.
- To take brochure and tariff enquiries and enter reservations outside of Reservations office hours.
- To act as a Sales Person, promoting the image of the Hotel at all times.
Affectionately known as “The White Palace” The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has a well-earned reputation for excellence. With over 150 rooms, an award winning restaurant and 17 fully equipped meeting rooms, the hotel is able to cater for every occasion.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate.
We reserve the right to close any advertised post before the stated closing date once sufficient applications are received. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
*service charge is dependent on sales performance and not guaranteed