Wedding & Events Co-ordinator
We are looking for a Full Time Wedding & Events Co-ordinator to join our Hand Picked team at Norton House Hotel & Spa. If helping someone to plan and organise every little detail of a wedding or event motivates you on a daily basis, this is the role for you.
Being a Wedding & Events Co-ordinator involves working 40 hours per week over 5 days to include weekend shifts. The shifts are 9 - 5.30pm & 11.30 - 7pm and these are allocated on a rota basis.
You will be the ultimate people person who enjoys building positive relationships with everyone you meet, giving them faith and confidence in your knowledge and event organisation abilities from the very first conversation.
You are sales focused and enjoy making recommendations to meet the needs of your clients and their budgets. Whether it's a wedding, private dinner or a big birthday bash, you'll take the reins and help to plan the event from start to finish. The fantastic feedback you receive and clients saying Thank you for all your help!" will motivate you and be a regular highlight to your working week.
- You will live locally to our Hotel or within a reasonable commute
- You will have at least a years' experience in an events co-ordination role, ideally from within a Hotel environment or a related qualification
- You will have a key interest in weddings and events and can demonstrate knowledge of current market trends
- Knowledge of "Opera" is desirable but not essential
- You will have high standards of personal presentation
- You have the ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner
- You'll have experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You'll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- Most of all, you'll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
What's in it for you:
- A competitive hourly rate - pay rate offered is dependent on experience
- A share of service charge - 100% of which is split between the team
- Staff meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service - we think it's fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments Yes, it's as good as it sounds!
- Free parking on site
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Life Assurance Scheme
Norton House Hotel is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 83 bedrooms, a restaurant, Health Club & Spa and a variety of function spaces making it a popular wedding, conference and events venue.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.