Recreation Assistant - Pelhams Park Leisure Centre
Salary: £13,656.25 - £13,937.82 per annum dependant on age
Hours of work/Post status: 30 hours/Permanent
BH Live are looking for a permanent (30 hours per week) Recreation Assistant who will take responsibility for the health and safety of our customers at Pelhams Park Leisure Centre in Bournemouth.
You will provide a high-quality level of lifeguarding/pool supervision to all pool users. To supervise public participation of activities at the centre, ensuring safety and enjoyment and undertake cleaning duties as directed.
You will erect, dismantle and transport equipment as required.
Assist in the provision of a cost-effective, high-quality, customer-orientated service.
- Working on the poolside of one of our pools, you are the main point of contact for swimmers and therefore, you must be vigilant and have a good customer service approach.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety around the pool environment and take responsibility for maintaining cleanliness standards within the pool area.
- Due to the nature of this role the successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check (formally known as CRB – police check).
- Work will include evenings and weekends; your days and hours of work could vary each week.
- You must be a strong swimmer.
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - Essential
- A first aid certificate would be an advantage.
- Present to the public a high personal standard of appearance and presentation in line with the staff charter.
- Carry out pool water tests and advise the Customer Operations Manager of any issues.
- To administer First Aid and resuscitation as required.
- Be fully aware of the Centre’s Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Procedures.
Applicants must be available to work to meet the needs of BH Live’s venues in relation to unsociable hour working, including working during evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Salary £13,656.25 - £13,937.82 per annum depending on age