Spa Treatments Manager - Edinburgh Posting Date
Aug 30, 2021Job Number
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
The award winning ONE SPA is now recruiting for a Spa Treatments Manager to join and lead the therapy team.
Working 4 days out of 7, with weekend work involved the Spa Treatments Manager will cover some duty manager shifts as well as oversee the therapy function
Duties will include:
To Assist the Spa Manager in all operational procedures and codes of conduct within ONE to ensure the provision of an effective service. To ensure the smooth running of the treatment department and to maintain a high standard of treatments, cleanliness and motivation within the team. To assist the Spa Manager with the development and implementation of the budget, marketing objectives, operational criteria, programming, staff relations and training, facility upkeep, and superior guest relations. You will also be required to perform Duty Management shifts, as and when required.
- Responsible for motivating retail sales and ensure that all sales are recorded accurately.
- Assist Spa Manager in promoting One Spa to maximise profitability and achieve budget.
- Day to day responsibility for all cash handling.
- To be responsible for the administration of goods, requisition, inventories, and cost effective usage of all department related materials and assets.
- Ensure a par stock appropriate to the business demands.
- To ensure the clientele are kept informed of all spa activities and developments.
- Assist the Spa Manager in the marketing plan and its activities and be responsible for the execution of the plan, including promotions, demonstrations, PR, press and VIPs .
- To prepare reports for the Spa Manager for the need for new developments or changes to existing policies or objectives to keep abreast of market developments and new products/services available.
- Assist the Spa Manager in all operational procedures within the treatment area to ensure effective day to day management.
- Provide the updates to manuals, workbooks and to fully describe the spa operation and ensure operating systems are up-to-date. Manual to include, but not be limited to, duty checklist, system formats, schedules, master plan, and budgets.
- Assist the Spa Manager in instigating and evaluating all systems.
- Assist the Spa Manager in the setting down and instigating of all policies and objectives within One Spa.
- To be aware of the treatments and services offered, and any promotions that may be on offer at the time.
- To attend managerial meetings as required.
- To perform Duty Manager duties as required.
- Responsible for overseeing all therapy staff rosters according to business demands.
- To supervise and conduct the safety of users and equipment of One Spa and to ensure that the Health and Safety Policy and procedures are implemented and monitored in particular with relation to cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure the cleanliness, neatness, stocking and organising of all areas. All grooming stations, towel stations, public areas, storeroom items, beverage stations, wet areas are always stocked to standard.
- To deal with all problems, enquiries and complaints from spa clientele.
- Complete PMP to set timescales.
- To oversee the recruitment, induction, training, motivation, development, appraisal and discipline of all spa treatment staff.
- To instigate a monthly meeting with all spa treatment staff to motivate and be aware of staff needs and aspirations.
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the high standard of treatment and service within the treatment area.
- To set a standard at all times in professionalism, appearance and attitude as expected of all spa treatment personnel.
- Must be qualified in Beauty Therapy to one of the following: NVQ Level 3, ITEC, City & Guilds or CIDESCO or equivalent
- ESPA training an advantage but not essential
- Industry experience is preferred as you will be called upon to perform some treatments when required
- Previous experience in leading/supervising a team
- Previous experience in a client facing role
- Experience of working with spa booking and scheduling software system
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Previous P&L / Financial knowledge a distinct advantage
- Good rota and payroll understanding and knowledge
- Committed, enthusiastic, organized and customer focused
- Knowledge and understanding on stock takes, par levels and order processing
- Ability to work reactively and proactively
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated and passionate team
In retrun we offer a competitive salary, complimenatry meals on duty; laundry of your business wear & uniform; travel discounts wtihin Marriott International properties, including for yoru friends and family; 20% food and beverage discount when you travel; 50% discount in One Square Restaurant and Bar; private medical insurance and a culture where your training and development is our priority.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.