Commis Chef - Aberdeen Posting Date
Aug 23, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel, Overton Circle-Dyce, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
- Previous experience working or similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To ensure that all tasks given by the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef are completed in a timely manner and to the highest standard.
To ensure that communication is maintained with the Chef de Partie and Sous Chef.
To ensure that all food handled within the section is handled in a hygienic manner.
To ensure that all current legislation - Health, Safety and Hygiene is followed.
To carry out other duties as may be required to ensure the Hotel Operation is properly maintained to provide total guest satisfaction.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Split shifts
- Flexible cover and hours
- Excellent standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 39 hours per week