Shift Engineer - London Posting Date
Jul 05, 2021Job Number
Engineering & FacilitiesLocation
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, St. Pancras Station, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.
Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
As a Shift Engineer at St Pancras, you are responsible for responding and attending to hotel and guest repair requests, communicating with guests and the wider hotel team to resolve maintenance issues. It can be frustrating for a guest that has a TV that doesn't work, a shower with low pressure or a bed that creeks in the night. As small as a task may seem, your role and the responsibilities you hold can make or break a guest experience. Although you work behind the scenes, you will often visit guest rooms and interact with them in their own personal space, therefore professionalism and dignity must be deployed at all times. As part of the wider engineering team, you are responsible for the maintenance, repair, upkeep and heritage of this iconic building.
You'll need to know your stuff:
Your safety and security:
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
- Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Record information for unfinished calls into "pass-on log book" prior to shift change
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences in London's most iconic hotel? Then we look forward to receiving your application
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.