Kitchen Porter - London Posting Date
Jul 14, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, St. Pancras Station, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.
Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
As our Kitchen Porter at St. Pancras Renaissance, you play a key role in ensuring the smooth operation of kitchen hygiene standards by providing a clean safe working environment.
You'll need to know your stuff:
- To adhere to and assist in the compliance of Health and Safety e.g. COSHH & Risk Assessments, including any Covid-19 specific cleaning or hygiene tasks.
- Ensure that all Fire regulations are maintained by making sure that the Fire Exits are not blocked.
- Be familiar with and practice the safe handling, care and storage of all equipment.
- To ensure that all maintenance issues have been recorded correctly, and that all mechanical and manual equipment are used as instructed
- Report any machine defects to the maintenance team and ensures that the correct action is taken.
You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Management.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (Brand Standards SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- To follow all Marriott rules (e.g. 43 points), as specified in Associate handbook and all policies regarding to government legal requirements
- Establishes and maintains open collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with their work team.
- Attends training classes to keep current information up to date and strengthen operational skills.
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences in London's most iconic hotel? Then we look forward to receiving your application
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.