Casual Food and Beverage Associate - London Posting Date
Aug 28, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, St. Pancras Station, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.
As a Casual Associate at St Pancras, you are responsible for delivering Five Star service. From VIP buyouts to intimate dinners, your role is key in upholding our guests expectations of attentive yet relaxed service where your personality and professionalism are delivered in equal measures. You will be required to Complete final breakdowns and set ups of function rooms and events, by cleaning the room, completing opening/ closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, locking doors, breaking down goods, etc. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas. Transport dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned, separate napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean linens. We're in the business of going above and beyond to create memorable moments for our guests and your role is key in executing this with every guest interaction. You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Maintain an exceptionally high standard of five star luxury lifestyle service within The Booking Office, The Hansom, MI+ME, In-Room Dining/Mini Bars and banqueting operations (including banquet room setups and banquet service)
- Attitude, grooming standard, body language and tone need to be positive, supportive and on brand at all times
- This is a multi-functional role, which is based across all venues and types of service delivery at the hotel. An F&B Front of House Associate will multi task between floor service, bartending, barista, hosting, banqueting service and rooms setup on any given day and in any outlet as directed by supervisors or managers
- You must ensure to adhere to all guidelines provided in relation to cleaning, sanitizing and return to usage of all tables, chairs and equipment to ensure compliance with company and government guidelines surrounding Covid-19. In addition, you must be fluent with correct food handling and service procedures relating to food hygiene, health, safety and allergy awareness.
- You must wear appropriate PPE (as provided by the hotel) at all times and as directed when on property. This can include face masks and gloves and any other PPE as deemed appropriate or necessary at the discretion of the company
- You must ensure to respect all social distancing measures as mandated by government and the company, not only with guests but also between associates
- You are expected to carry out any other duties that may be required by the hotel management team as the need arises. Please note that this may include assisting departments other than F&B if required on either an ad-hoc or a continuous basis.
- Shift patterns for this role are not set and will require you to be available for morning, afternoon or overnight shifts as per the rota, on either an ad-hoc or continuous basis. Requests for continuous specific shift patters unfortunately cannot be agreed to. Individual requests for specific or 'one-off' days off will be reviewed on a case by case basis as they arise and may be granted for a specific week however will unfortunately not be granted on a continuous basis.
Your Key Measures for this role:
- Guest Satisfaction Survey Scores
- Brand Standard Audit Scores
- Your performance against your Goals
You know you're doing a great job when
- You achieve a minimum of a P rating in your annual performance review
- You are being recognised by guests for extraordinary hospitality and product knowledge
- The overall hotel BSA, GSS, ESS and Trip Advisor goals are being achieved.