F&B Waiter - London Posting Date
Aug 28, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, St. Pancras Station, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.
Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
As an F&B Associate at St Pancras Renaissance, you are responsible for delivering a five star food & beverage experience. Our guests visit us with expectations of attentive yet relaxed service where your personality and professionalism are delivered in equal measures. You can either make or break a guest experience depending on the service you provide. Product knowledge, menu knowledge and the right amount of experience are absolutely essential for you to be successful in your role. We are in the business of going above and beyond to create memorable moments for our guests and your role is key in executing this with every guest interaction.
You'll need to know your stuff
- Product (food & beverage), menu, operational, food hygiene, service knowledge is essential
- Knowledge of the overall hotel operations is essential for this role to understand the part you play in the wider guest experience
- You must be proactive in learning new menu items, beverage items and changes in service standards - you are welcome to take copies of menu's etc off shift with you to be able to do this
- Our guests must receive a consistent level of service the first, second and fifth time they visit any of our F&B outlets - if you do not keep up to date with changes within the department, you will not be able to successfully execute this
- L2 Food Hygiene is preferred and you should work towards achieving this if you don't hold a certification already
- Attendance at Monthly departmental meetings and 1:1's is essential for you to have the knowledge you need in your role
You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Maintain an exceptionally high standard of five star luxury lifestyle service
- Attitude, grooming standard, body language and tone need to be positive, supportive and on brand at all times
- You must ensure to adhere to all guidelines provided in relation to cleaning, sanitizing and return to usage of all tables, chairs and equipment to ensure compliance with company and government guidelines surrounding Covid-19. In addition, you must be fluent with correct food handling and service procedures relating to food hygiene, health, safety and allergy awareness.
- You must wear appropriate PPE (as provided by the hotel) at all times and as directed when on property. This can include face masks and gloves and any other PPE as deemed appropriate or necessary at the discretion of the company
- You must ensure to respect all social distancing measures as mandated by government and the company, not only with guests but also between associates
- You are expected to carry out any other duties that may be required by the hotel management team as the need arises. Please note that this may include assisting departments other than F&B if required on either an ad-hoc or a continuous basis.
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences in London's most iconic hotel? Then we look forward to receiving your application
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law