Barback - London Posting Date
Aug 28, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, St. Pancras Station, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.
Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
As a barback at St Pancras Renaissance, you and your role play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of a five star food & beverage service. Our guests visit us with expectations of attentive yet relaxed service where personality and professionalism are delivered in equal measures. The support, preparation and care you provide in your role as bar back really makes all the difference and can often mean a successful or unsuccessful service. Using your initiative to identify what items need replenishing, restocking, re-making, collecting and being brought to the bar is key. Without the support of a bar back, the bartending team would struggle to deliver exceptional and consistently high levels of service - this is a key role.
You'll need to know your stuff:
- Product (food & beverage), menu, operational, food hygiene, service knowledge is essential
- Knowledge of the overall hotel operations is essential for this role to understand the part you play in the wider guest experience.
- You must be proactive in learning new bar trends, skills, beverage items and bringing ideas to the table to continue drive creativity on the bar.
- Our guests must receive a consistent level of service the first, second and fifth time they visit any of our F&B outlets - if you do not keep up to date with changes within the department, you will not be able to successfully execute this.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Hygiene (sanitation, cleanliness)
- L2 Food Hygiene is preferred and you should work towards achieving this if you don't hold a certification already
- Attendance at Monthly departmental meetings and 1:1's is essential for you to have the knowledge you need in your role
You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Your role is a very physical role, where lifting, pushing and pulling are involved; manual handling and deploying the correct methods to keep yourself safe is key.
- You're expected to maintain the cleanliness of all F&B equipment and areas at all times.
- You are also expected to carry out other duties that may be required to ensure the F&B and overall hotel operation is properly maintained to provide a total guest experience.
- Deliver an exceptionally high standard of five star luxury lifestyle service for every guest interaction.
- Attitude, grooming standard, body language and tone need to be positive, supportive and on brand at all times.
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences in London's most iconic hotel? Then we look forward to receiving your application
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.