Events Executive - hours- Fixed term contract - Kent Posting Date
Aug 20, 2021Job Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Ashford Road Bearsted, Maidstone, KENT, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
- Prepare sales-related documents, including proposals, contracts and banquet event orders
- Put together information packages, brochures and other promotional materials
- Use sales techniques to maximise revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty
- Promote awareness of our brand image internally and externally
- Be a point of contact for clients and guests, responding to questions about hotel facilities and services
- Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing
What more could our guests want than outstanding service, a clean comfortable room and delicious food and drink? It will be your job to make sure they get even more from their stay with us. Proactively promoting all the options open to them, as well as being on hand to answer any questions about our hotels and services, you'll make sure they know about everything they could wish for - and more. You'll help create the warmest welcomes and most memorable visits that keep them coming back again and again.
- To work within all areas of the sales office applying skills and time when and where necessary.
- To cover the department through sickness and holiday.
- To maximise all opportunities to sell conferences, functions (including Christmas, weddings and social) and events, residential functions.
- To act as a contact between the client and the hotel at all stages of the booking process from the initial enquiry through co-ordination and to completion.
- To communicate in an effective and timely manner all the client's specific requirements to all relevant departments
- To contribute to the management of systems and processes to improve business effectiveness with a focus on results and systems audits.
- To uphold the Terms and Conditions of Trading as laid down by the Marriott Hotel Company and to ensure that the company's policies on legislation are adhered to.
- To take conference and events bookings, group residential bookings and transient bookings.
- To ensure that all show rounds for weddings, private parties and conferences are completed and the necessary information is feed back to the relevant people within the sales team.
- Normal working hours Monday - Friday although weekend working will be expected at various times throughout the year