Spa Therapist - London
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
The Peak Fitness Club and Spa at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah will offer hotel guests and club members world class treatments, wellness and fitness classes such as Yoga and Pilates with breath-taking views over London’s iconic skyline.
As a Spa Therapist, your role will be to carry out a variety of beauty treatments and promote the services that are offered to the standards required by the Hotel. Your duties will include;
- Perform a professional service according to standard with attention to detail and in a prompt timely manner.
- Advise guests of treatments and products available at the spa
- Assist in promoting spa & body care products to guests and offer full product knowledge
- Ensure all treatment rooms are fully set up before beginning a treatment according to standards and procedures
- Communicate through appropriate channels any guest related matters, products or equipment needs, technical, service requests, etc.
- Assist in keeping accurate written records of treatments and products used in view of repeat guests
- Ensure all standards are met and maintained through the use of effective check lists
- Follow a regular hygiene and maintenance schedule for the salon.
- To report for duty punctually and wearing the correct uniform and name badge.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel grooming standards.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment
- Have a passion for your work and the ability to innovate, with a proven track record within luxury environments
- Have the ability to operate in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Excellent level of English
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a high degree of knowledge in Food Hygiene and Safe Working Practice
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities