Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. To do this, we recruit the very best Heads of Exercise Experience to own our fitness exercise experience journey, leading our Fitness, Personal Trainer and Group Exercise functions in club.
As a Head of Exercise Experience, you will work across the in-club teams to driver powerful customer experiences that are seamless, both online and offline. Working alongside our Head of Family Activities and other club management, you will ensure that the in-club product offering is fully synchronized and can be delivered ‘anytime, anywhere’. You will recruit and train the industries best Personal Trainers and Group Exercise Instructors, supporting them with their personal development and class assessments, as well as the development and delivery of Fitness streams within out new Academy.
This is an exciting new role within Virgin Active, and we are looking for someone not only with a passion for fitness, but a drive to create and embed an exceptional standard of service to our members.
So what qualities does a Head of Exercise Experience need to join Virgin Active?
- You have a Level 3 Personal Training qualification
- You are confident in your management ability, and have strong experience in all aspects of the employee lifecycle – from recruitment to employee relations processes, such as absence management
- You have high standards, and can spot a brilliant Personal Trainer from the crowd, hiring them quickly into Virgin Active
- You are a motivator, and can happily engage team members to deliver excellent fitness experiences
- You understand the importance of KPIs and targets, and the importance of engaging new members into our fitness and group exercise programmes
- You have experience in data analysis, and can give an informed, data-backed opinion to encourage growth and quality of service
- You are a great communicator, and can work well with colleagues in different departments or clubs to ensure fitness experience is consistent throughout the member journey
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing