Are you passionate about providing outstanding customer service?
Do you enjoy working in a customer facing role?
The Guest Experience Assistant is a key role within our hotels. You are the first impression a guest will have upon arrival at the hotel’s leisure club so providing a warm, friendly, helpful welcome, the service they receive during their stay and when they leave is extremely important.
What will I do?
- Understand the operation of spa and leisure to offer advice and guidance to all members, potential members and guests
- Welcome and greets all those arriving at the spa and leisure facilities, responds to queries, offers advice and collects fees where appropriate
- Take correct booking details for members and guests using the facilities
- Answers the phone, makes leisure and spa bookings, supports with membership sales, membership enquiries, spa sales and spa enquiries
- Responsible for handling cash and cashing up at the end of a shift
- Carry out plantroom checks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure operational upkeep of the facility
- Daily water management of the swimming pool and spa pools through regular testing
- Carry out gym inductions for all new members and regular gym re-assessments as part of the leisure club retention strategy
- Liaise with the maintenance teams to ensure the highest and professional of standards for all facilities and services
- Ensure high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness in the leisure and spa facilities
- Adhere to health and safety, procedures and report anything which causes concern to the appropriate authority
- Complete any other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Flexibility to work in other areas of Guest Experience as and when required (reception, bookings, retail, food & beverage, enquiries, memberships, maintenance and housekeeping, spa & leisure)
Is this the role for me?
- Previous Leisure or Spa experience preferable
- One or more qualifications in either Pool Plant/Pool Lifeguard/Spa or Leisure Club
- Passion for delivering exceptional guest services
- Courteous and pleasant attitude towards guests and other team members
- Patience and good listening skills
- Conflict resolution experience
- Good telephone manner and IT Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and able to multitask
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and a practical approach to problem solving
- Due to the nature of the role & industry, flexibility is required to working hours as weekend and evening work will be required
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
What we can offer you:
- Meals on duty
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across the Almarose group
- Free onsite parking
- Various Employee celebratory days throughout the year
- Support with training & professional qualifications, including course fees!
- Carve out your own career path with Almarose as there will be progression & career development opportunities across our hotel portfolio
- Internal talent exchange network
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7, 365 days a year
Who are Almarose Hotels & Resorts?
Almarose Hotels are an independent Hotel Management company who own and operate an award-winning portfolio of 21 4*properties throughout the UK. It's an exciting time to join our portfolio; our strategy is to develop and invest in our properties and employees, with opportunities that span across beautiful countryside and bustling city centre locations – each offering a truly unique experience for our guests, and exemplary professional development and careers for you.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a voluntary statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local Armed Forces Community. It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces. Almarose Hotels & Resorts Ltd proudly support the UK Armed Forces and have signed the Armed Forces Covenant achieving the Silver Award.