SportsPark Assistant - Reading
We need a driven & committed individual to take on the role of SportsPark Assistant at our vibrant sports centre, assisting the Duty Manager in the day to day operation of the SportsPark.
You will require excellent customer service and communication skills as well as being conscientious in your work within a small team. In addition to daily operational and cleaning tasks you will contribuite to the continued success of the SportsPark.
There are 2 vacancies.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Set up, inspect and maintain equipment and facilities within and around SportsPark.
- Carry out cleaning duties in and around SportsPark.
- Assist with membership enquiries and sales tours.
- Conduct regular patrol duties within and around SportsPark.
- Support reception staff as required.
- Ensure effective lines of communication operate with all work colleagues.
- Assist with all aspects of the day to day running of SportsPark, including administration.
- When required, to be able to travel to our Bulmershe campus to oversee the sports facilities.
- Perform all reasonable duties as requested.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Closing date: 3rd August 2021
Interview date: tbc