Bar Staff at Newmarket Racecourse Required - Newmarket
- Role Profile Do you love working as part of an energetic, driven and professional team?
- If so, we want to hear from you….
- Main responsibilities include:
- Being the primary provider for all guests dealing with their beverage requests efficiently and accurately, communicating with colleagues to ensure smooth delivery.
- This may include written orders, or the use of electronic till and ordering systems (inc. EPOS and PDQ systems).
- Greet your guests when they arrive to the bar and engage in polite, friendly conversation. ?
- Able to communicate effectively with all our customers, clients and colleagues.
- Listen and respond appropriately.?
- Taking orders and requests efficiently and accurately.
- Preparing and serving drinks with correct glassware & accompaniments for the beverage items being offered.
- Replenishing stock in line with consumption and par stock levels.
- Being able to make knowledgeable recommendations, proactively assisting guests with queries and upsell items to guests.
- Knowledge in pairing wine with menu dishes if requested by a guest.
- Assisting with the set up and clear down of your area, ready for the next service.
- Ensuring all glassware and tools are polished & impeccably clean before use and ensuring all service areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Mostly weekends up until the end of August
- Enjoy your work, smile and have fun!
- Engaging, flexible and friendly in manner.
- Able to communicate effectively with all our customers, clients and colleagues. Listen and respond appropriately.
- Confidence when meeting and interacting with people to discover their needs.
- Be organised with effective time management.
- Demonstrate use of required technology or ability to write clear orders.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a proactive, can do attitude.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and think on your feet.
- Comfortable to walk & stand during majority of shift.
- Over 18’s only.
- Experience is essential.
- Casual and based around business needs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours on weekends and evenings.
- Able to independently travel to venue.
- Competitive rate of pay.