Waiting Staff Required - York
Constellation is a new approach to the management, recruitment and training of Compass’s staffing operation. The ability to connect our workforce across the Compass portfolio means that we can get the right people, in the right place and offer work wherever you’re based.
Do you love working as part of an energetic, driven and professional team? If so, we want to hear from you….
We are looking for people on a casual ad hoc basis, shifts/hours dependent on events.
Main responsibilities include:
- Being the primary port of call for all guests during their meal.
- Engaging with guests to enhance their experience.
- Dealing with their requests efficiently and accurately, communicating with kitchen and colleagues to ensure smooth delivery.
- Serving food, beverages & accompaniments in line with service standards.
- Clearing tables and/or service points in a team environment.
- Know and can describe food and beverage menus including correct cutlery, crockery and glassware for the menu/beverage items being offered.
- Assisting with the set up and clear down of your area, ready for the next service.
- Ensuring all cutlery, crockery and glassware is polished & impeccably clean before use and ensuring all service areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Escalate any service issues to the appropriate management team member.
- Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH.
- Follow responsible alcohol service policies.
- Enjoy your work, smile and have fun!
By joining the Constellation team you can enjoy many of the benefits we have to offer; Compass exclusive benefits Lifestyle benefits “perks” platform Health & wellbeing support programmes including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Engaging, flexible and friendly in manner.
- Able to communicate effectively with all our customers, clients and colleagues. Listen and respond appropriately.
- Confidence when meeting and interacting with people to discover their needs.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a proactive, can do attitude.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and think on your feet.
- Comfortable to walk & stand during majority of shift.