Housekeeper, Guest Service Assistant
Housekeeper, Mercure Bristol Brigstow
Housekeeping is what gives hotels the ‘wow’ factor. It’s the moment that guests walk into the hotel and are impressed, then enter their bedrooms and think ‘wow, this looks wonderful’. To deliver a great guest experience – a Housekeeper will clean and service guest rooms so everything is spotless and prepared for guests.
We are currently looking for casual workers as hours vary depending on our occupancy. However we anticipate that there will be roughly 30 hours per week available.
This is role is an hourly wage of £9.25
What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Located in the heart of Bristol’s Old City, the hotel is right by the waterside, within easy walking distance of the prime cultural, business and shopping districts. This boutique style hotel includes 116 uniquely designed guest rooms. Not to be missed, is Buttermilk and Maple which offers relaxed, dining alongside aromatic coffee, craft beers and eclectic cocktails.
Your role in our family:
Key responsibilities to your role:
- To ensure all rooms are turned around in an efficient manner
- All rooms must be cleaned, sanitised and prepared in accordance to SHG and Brand guidelines.
- Support your line manager in ordering and maintaining linen stock.
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to guests at all times and striving to increase guest satisfaction and Trip Advisor scores and reviews,
- To maintain the reception, public areas, stores, back office and staff areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Deal with any guest queries/complaints in a polite and friendly manner ensuring guest satisfaction
- All complaints, comments, special requests and other business to be recorded in the daily handover log.
- To clearly communicate with other departments to ensure minimal impact on guest service
What happens next:
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.