Bakery Team Member - Bakery - The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far-reaching views. It is a unique destination with Hotel, Spa, Restaurants and much more. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in the Garden Café and visit our farm shop. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
Our bakery is the beating heart of our Food and Beverage offerings across the estate. Creating World Class artisan breads and baked good for our restaurants, hotel and farm shop. As a working estate, seasonality plays a large part in the operation meaning you’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the freshest produce Somerset has to offer.
We are looking for a team member with experience to join our bakery team. You’ll be supporting our Head baker in the daily preparations of doughs, pastries, baking and packing good. Creativity and knowledge are key to assist in development of new products.
- To support our current baking team
- To maintain the company’s vision and ethos.
- To prepare, develop and maintain high quality products.
- To ensure all products are delivered and packaged on time.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation are adhered to; this will involve appropriate training.
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities