Festival Chef - Henley-on-Thames
9th AUGUST – 16th AUGUST 2021 - MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK FOR FULL DATE RANGE
ROLE & PERSON OUTLINE
Freedom Festival is a three-day event set in the grounds of Phyllis Court Club on the banks of the River Thames. We will have a number of dining venues and options during the festival ranging from hog roast to fine dining.
Banqueting experience would be advantageous and the ability and flexibility to work independently and move between dining venues
The role is very hands on, so a can do, and proactive approach is essential and forms part of our ‘One Team’ ethos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this role.
- You must be available for work for the full 5-day period between 11th August and 15th August 2021 – hours of work each day will be between 08.00 to 22.00.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Previous experience working as a Chef de Partie in a busy kitchen environment.
- Great eye for detail and take pride in delivering beautiful and tasty food.
- Willing to work in different sections and kitchens (ballroom restaurant, tapas, take away, fine dining, & events) and have good all-round knowledge of a kitchen.
- Be organised and able to work under pressure.
- Team player essential with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- High level of professionalism.
- Good personnel hygiene.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS YOU WILL NEED
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ensure a smart image and appearance at all times, adhering to the standards of dress policy.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision.