Festival Bartender - Henley-on-Thames
9th AUGUST – 16th AUGUST 2021 - MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FULL DATE RANGE STATED
ROLE & PERSON OUTLINE
Freedom Festival is a three-day event set in the grounds of Phyllis Court Club on the banks of the River Thames. We will have a number of bars open at the Club including a Pimms & Champagne bar, and several standard bars equipped with wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks.
With the high volume of customers throughout the day, you will need strong bar experience to be at the standard required to work within the teams efficiently.
The role is very hands on, so a can do, and proactive approach is essential and forms part of our ‘One Team’ ethos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this role.
- You must be available for work for the full 8-day period between 9th August and 16th August 2021 – shift work with hours of work each day ranging from a start time of 08.00 to midnight or possibly later.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service and provide assistance to customers at the event.
- Experience making drinks, cocktail or barista knowledge not necessary.
- Using a point-of-sale system.
- Assisting as necessary with the movement of equipment or materials during set up and break down of events.
- Ensure the health and well-being of all customers.
- Using communication equipment, if required, in accordance with Phyllis Court guidelines.
- Act in a professional manner at all times whilst representing Phyllis Court Club.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS YOU WILL NEED
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to work as a team in a public facing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ensure a smart image and appearance at all times, adhering to the standards of dress policy.
- Ability to make balanced decisions and keep calm in an emergency situation.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision.