Festival Food & Beverage Team Leader - Henley-on-Thames
13th AUGUST – 15th AUGUST 2021 - MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK THE FULL DATE RANGE
ROLE & PERSON OUTLINE
Freedom Festival is a three-day event set in the grounds of Phyllis Court Club on the banks of the River Thames. We will have a number of bars and restaurants open at the Club during the event including our Ballroom restaurant and conservatory, the Pimm’s and Champagne bar, the Members Bar and Lounge.
The Team Leader position will be responsible for a small section in one of the restaurants, working with a team of 5 to 6 staff members to set up and break down the space, calling food away, managing drinks orders and dealing with any minor staff or guest issues.
The role is very hands on, so a can do, and proactive approach is essential and forms part of our ‘One Team’ ethos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this role.
- You must be available for work for the full 8-day period between 9th August and 16th August 2021 – hours of work each day will be between 10.00 to 20.00.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service and provide assistance to customers at the event.
- Experience in a similar role in a restaurant environment or ready to take the next step to Team Leader.
- Managing low level staffing or guest issues, knowing when to escalate to a supervisor.
- Using a point-of-sale system.
- Assisting as necessary with the movement of equipment or materials during set up and break down of events.
- Ensure the health and well-being of all customers.
- Using communication equipment, if required, in accordance with Phyllis Court guidelines.
- Act in a professional manner at all times whilst representing Phyllis Court Club.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS YOU WILL NEED
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to work as a team in a public facing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ensure a smart image and appearance at all times, adhering to the standards of dress policy.
- Ability to make balanced decisions and keep calm in an emergency situation.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision.