Data AnalystReports into: Senior Data & Analytics ManagerBased: Head Office East Croydon
Here at The Gym Group we believe we are simply the best in our industry! Our amazing teams have skills, abilities and can-do attitudes that make this a great place to work!
We have strong, embedded values and an easy-going culture which ensures we put our people first. We pride ourselves on being fun, innovative, inclusive and engaging. We are now on the lookout for a Data Analyst
to join our growing Commercial Team.
So, what's stopping you? Apply today and come "Find your Fit" with us!What you need to know about us...
We're not like any other gym company; we are The Gym Group
, a place where you can #BeYouWithUs and perform to your absolute best. And we're successful; by membership we're the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe and have held the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award for 2 years!
We hire people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and inspire those around them. We actively invest in our employees; it's so important to us that our people can thrive in our environment and can make the most of the flexibility and support we offer to all of our teams. We are proud of our people and our Gym Support teams are phenomenal; you want to be a part of that, we know you do!What you need to know about the role...
As a business, we have a growing array of data generated from a range of internal & external sources. We generate value from analysing and understanding Acquisition & Retention patterns, Pricing Management and Promotional effectiveness. More excitingly, a focus on advanced analytics and data science has created potential to generate significant increases in data breadth, volume & velocity across the business.
We are a growing organisation that delivers innovative products and services for our customers. We have the ambition to explore and acquire new internal & external data sources and use advanced techniques to deliver an exciting set of data & analytics solutions.
As a Data Analyst, you'll be supporting our Senior Data Analyst and be responsible for developing and enhancing our Analysis & Insight capability, especially our efforts around customer retention. You'll collaborate closely with the wider Data team & internal stakeholders to support our commercial ambitions with a clear focus on understanding behaviours & trends of our member base to drive business impact.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for you if you are a currently a Data Analyst who would like to support this exciting area of the business and further your career. This is also an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of a leading UK health & fitness business.As Data Analyst you will:
Let us tell you what we are looking for...
- Prepare data sets to enable effective analysis
- Deliver crisp, high quality reporting and analytics to provide actionable insights across the business
- Manage and where appropriate lead projects based on business needs
- Work with the data team to prioritise initiatives based on opportunity value
- Work closely with other analysts, data engineering, data science and data visualisation teams
- Support the Data & AI function to deliver advanced analytics and predictive models
- Play a significant role to help grow our overall reporting/analytics capability
- Work on a mixture of ad-hoc, tactical and strategic initiatives
- Partner with key stakeholders from different departments to collect and deliver business requirements
- Constantly be challenging the ROI of key business decisions
To enrich our great team, we are looking for a Data Analyst who embraces their role, the team and our culture.
We're looking for someone who is clearly able to demonstrate:
- High-level proficiency in SQL and Excel (essential)
- Strong analytical skills and data literacy with a Degree in a quantitative field (preferably maths/stats, physics, engineering)
- Self-starter who's actively curious about data & insight
- Experience in working with ambiguity, demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstratable experience of using data to solve business problems in a commercial environment - e.g. customer or marketing analytics
- Experience of working with large data sets to deliver insight & business value
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with different teams - this position will partner with Commercial, Finance, Marketing, HR and Operations departments - the ability to communicate and articulate insights is a key requirement
- Some hands-on experience with data visualisation tools (ideally PowerBI), and languages such as R or Python (desirable)
So, we've told you all about us and our amazing new opportunity; now it's your turn to hit 'Apply' and tell us about YOU, so you can come and #BEYOUWITHUS!