Receptionist, Guest Service Assistant, Vanbrugh House, Oxford
Though this role is based mainly in the reception area, as Guest Service Assistant your responsibilities include: upselling the hotel and local area plus overseeing a busy reception area, dealing with guests checking in/out, enquiries, whilst also having the experience to work in the bar, kitchen and restaurant areas, being flexible within their role supporting any department in line with business demands.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
With only 22 rooms, Vanbrugh House Hotel has retained much of the intimate character of the original 17th and 18th-century building.
Opened in 2012, Vanbrugh House Hotel is ideally located in the heart of Oxford, offering the perfect base to explore this beautiful city. Offering the epitome of luxurious townhouse accommodation, the hotel boasts 22 delightfully eclectic rooms and suites with rainfall showers.
Our staff are friendly, engaging, genuine, offering great customer care rather than customer service, always ready to go the extra mile for our guests.
Your role in our family:
Within Guest Service Assistant, key to your role:
- To operate the hotel reception (24hr) to the agreed hotel standards
- To maintain the reception, food and beverage outlets, public areas, stores, back office and staff areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Deal with any guest queries/complaints in a polite and friendly manner ensuring guest satisfaction
- All complaints, comments, special requests and other business to be recorded in the daily handover log.
- To clearly communicate with other departments to ensure minimal impact on guest service.
- To ensure that all monies are kept in a safe and secure area adopting the hotels cash handling procedures.
- To ensure all rooms are turned around in an efficient manner
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to guests at all times and striving to increase guest satisfaction and Trip Advisor scores and reviews.
What happens next
Does the Guest Service Assistant role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.