Operations Director – City of London
- Start Date: no later than beginning of September
- Salary: Starting at £50,000
- Reports to: CEO
An exciting opportunity within the Boutique Fitness and Wellness sector for an Operations Director.
Ten Health and Fitness are one of the key operators within the Boutique Fitness and Wellness sectors, offering a unique and integrated mix of Dynamic Reformer Pilates and Fitness Classes, Physiotherapy, Massage therapy, Clinical Exercise prescription and Retail across 10 London sites and online.
Ten is one of the best respected brands in the sector, with an authentic and motivating story and a strong reputation for the expertise of our staff and the quality of our products and services.
We’re 6-time winners of the Tatler Gym Awards, with a 92% NPS rating.
- Contribute to and understand the Company Strategy.
- Articulate the annual Operational plan to the Leadership team.
- Look for ways to streamline & simplify the operational approach through the latest technology and team structures.
- Protect our product offering, business positioning and ensure an exceptional client experience.
- Amplify Ten’s products, services and approach to the teams and consumers alike.
- Embed and manage an operational approach which delivers the P&L
- Develop the studio budgets and assume responsibility (in conjunction with the Finance Director) for ongoing forecasting throughout the financial year.
- Proactively seek opportunities for operational efficiency, to identify and provide the best suppliers to Ten, and drive out waste.
Analysis & Reporting
- Work with Marketing to understand & leverage the ecrm, and lead generations initiatives.
- Report on what is happening in our market that’s relevant or threatening to Ten
- Analyse the financial & NPS reporting to ensure we are being smart in our approach to schedule management, staff deployment and customer service.
- Report on product, people, customer and compliance delivery.
- Create and present performance reports to feed into cross department strategies and planning.
- Develop a workplace that encourages and rewards excellence, but moves swiftly to correct, develop, or remove those unwilling to meet these standards – manage against the Brand Values.
- Develop studio teams to become commercial managers (in a people driven way), making astute business decisions aligned with both short-term targets and long-term strategy.
- Set targets for FOH teams and track and measure these.
- Recruitment and onboarding of a happy, engaged, FOH & training team who best represent Ten’s value & purpose.
- Lead on the development journeys, be it through PDP discussions, 1:1 mentoring, team development sessions, or investing in outsourced skill-development.
- Provide a plan for improved client engagement, conversion, retention, and ways to celebrate their success.
- Maximise customer upsell and cross service sales, and measure performance.
- Ensure all teams have a precise understanding of our customer(s), their expectations, and actively develop feedback platforms to help improve our service offerings and feedback insights to Marketing
- Support teams in dealing with customer complaints; quickly, commercially, and fairly.
An integrated approach that results in
- A comprehensive roadmap of site improvement to operations, cross service delivery and customer service activity and confirm how these will be delivered on-going.
- Support the Property Director by delivering the roadmap for bringing new sites into the business operations.
- Development of and delivery on a Ten’s Corporate Sales plan.
- Mitigate risk to Ten’s reputation by having a comprehensive compliance and H&S plan against which Ten is always compliant and teams are upskilled as necessary and that there is ongoing CPD.
- Collaboration between departments. Maximise the effect of the Circle of Care through all team members, and to all of Ten’s clients. Promote a ‘one team’ approach, while raising the bar of positive team culture that makes Ten best-in-class.
- Lead on strategy to develop and monetise the Ten Education brand.
Key skills & experience:
- Ten is looking for applicants who can demonstrate that they have successfully
- Set and delivered operational planning across a range of products and business functions
- Managed cross functional teams and multisite operations in fitness or comparable industry
- Designed and delivered effective project management across a multi-site business
- Been agile and reacted to change successfully
- Work across different products and projects simultaneously
- Utilised management/digital tools such as Asana to manage people
- Managed complexity
- Managed people - Influenced and impacted on a positive people culture
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary package, we offer free classes and discounted physio and massage, incremental holidays, contributory pension, cycle to work and CPD opportunities.