Sales and Event Office Manager - WILTSHIREPosting Date
Jun 17, 2021Job Number
Swindon Marriott Hotel, Pipers Way, Wiltshire, WILTSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Introduction to the Marriott Brand
Marriott International represents the largest hotel chain in the world. With a portfolio of over 30 brands and an occupancy in over 120 countries worldwide, Marriott regularly looks to grow and develop its global presence. It this alongside our vision to become, 'the world's favourite travel company', which allows us to expand our talent pool today. So if you'd like the opportunity to be a part of an ever growing, ever developing organisation, who will invest in your development, then apply today.
Introduction to the Swindon Marriott Hotel
Located at the gateway to the Cotswolds, Swindon Marriott Hotel is conveniently situated close to the historic Old Town, the Swindon train station, Swindon Designer Outlet and the Steam Museum, as well as popular destinations like Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge. The hotel itself has picturesque views over the gardens and tennis courts and a range of facilities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant, a fitness centre, an indoor swimming pool, as well as a steam room and sauna. Our modern hotel also offers a pillarless ballroom, an enchanting garden and nine meeting rooms, ideal for everything from social celebrations to corporate meetings.
The Swindon Marriott hotel caters for a whole range of guests by providing both a personal and friendly service, alongside our exceptional facilities. This alongside the transport links located close to the hotel allows Swindon Marriott hotel to firmly establish itself as a leading brand within the area.
The Role Itself and the Duties Involved
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Sales and Events Department as a Sales and Events Office Manager. The role itself is a permanent position and you will be expected to work 40 hours over 5 days.
Main Duties Include:
- Oversees coordination, communication and completing verbally and in writing with the customer, the Event Executive and Sales Executive the details of an event up to the day of event execution.
- Supports the marketing communications for conference, meetings & events (including weddings & Christmas), including stock levels, proof reading and effective distribution for ROI.
- Partners with Sales and Revenue Management to communicate sales strategies and goals and ensure implementation at the hotel.
- Identifies and communicates revenue and profit opportunities with leadership team
- Correct use of systems and sales process to ensure booking integrity, consistency & accuracy.
- Implements Event Management strategy that is aligned with the brand's business strategy and leads its execution.
- Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Manage the events team annual operating budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations
Qualifications and Skills
There are a range of qualifications, skills and characteristics we are looking for to successfully fill this role. These include:
- Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., hosts, customers, vendors
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Progression and Benefits
'Open doors to opportunity' is Marriott's primary vision and as a consequence, the organisation is regularly looking to invest in its associates to ensure they are given the opportunities to grow and progress. To support this there are a range of benefits the company offers, including:
- Free meals on shift.
- Free use of our on-site leisure facilities.
- Discounted stays at Marriott hotels worldwide.
- Free Car parking
- Training and development opportunities.
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.