Events Casual Host - AVONPosting Date
Jun 13, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, College Green, Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
To ensure all Conference Rooms are set to the guest requirements through out a tidy and clean environment accordingly
with Brand Standard.
To deliver customer care and service for Conference & Banqueting guests ensuring efficient service.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- To follow all company policies as per Hotel Induction.
- To read, understand and comply with the contents of the company Handbook.
- To be aware of business levels in all Food & Beverage outlets and help out where required. Use initiative.
- To ensure the time sheet is filled out daily and correctly for hours worked and break.
- To be aware of business level in relation to business requirement and ensure smooth efficient service of the department is maintained.
- To have a full knowledge of menus and pricing, therefore, to have full product knowledge of items on the menu.
- To ensure that all sales promotions relating to Food & Beverage areas are known.
- To be pleasant and courteous to guests and clients at all times so that they feel welcome, comfortable and are unobtrusively attend to in accordance to procedures.
- To follow the Conference & Banqueting Brand Standards.
- Participate with service where required in order that every guest Need & Expectations are met.
- Deal with any request and queries efficiently & politely.
- To help maintain and improve standards of service.
- Control all stocks e.g. glassware recording any breakage/loss of them.
- To check and report in a daily basis that all equipment is in proper working order.
- Constantly check for the personal hygiene & grooming.
- Ensure you are aware of Licensing Regulations and Hygiene Legislation when dealing with food & liquor.
- Report any accident to staff, guest or visitors in accordance with hotel regulations.
- Help create a good atmosphere and assist with ideas to promote the department & products.
- Ensure all liquor (Beverage) is handled with care and never left unattended.
- To polish glasses, cutlery, crockery and china as requested.
- To ensure all preparation is completed prior to service.
- Free Car Parking
- Training and Development
- Career discussions
- Meals on duty
- 30 minute lunch break per day
- COVID-19 precaution(s):
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.