Restaurant and Bar Assosciate 20hrs - WILTSHIREPosting Date
Jun 04, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Swindon Marriott Hotel, Pipers Way, Wiltshire, WILTSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Introduction to the Marriott Brand
Marriott International represents the largest hotel chain in the world. With a portfolio of over 30 brands and an occupancy in over 120 countries worldwide, Marriott regularly looks to grow and develop its global presence. It this alongside our vision to become, 'the world's favourite travel company', which allows us to expand our talent pool today. So if you'd like the opportunity to be a part of an ever growing, ever developing organisation, who will invest in your development, then apply today.
Introduction to the Swindon Marriott Hotel
Located at the gateway to the Cotswolds, Swindon Marriott Hotel is conveniently situated close to the historic Old Town, the Swindon train station, Swindon Designer Outlet and the Steam Museum, as well as popular destinations like Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge. The hotel itself has picturesque views over the gardens and tennis courts and a range of facilities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant, a fitness centre, an indoor swimming pool, as well as a steam room and sauna. Our modern hotel also offers a pillarless ballroom, an enchanting garden and nine meeting rooms, ideal for everything from social celebrations to corporate meetings.
The Swindon Marriott hotel caters for a whole range of guests by providing both a personal and friendly service, alongside our exceptional facilities. This alongside the transport links located close to the hotel allows Swindon Marriott hotel to firmly establish itself as a leading brand within the area.
The Role Itself and the Duties Involved
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Conference and Banqueting Associate. The role itself is a permanent position and you will be expected to work 40 hours over 5 days.
Main Duties Include:
- To have full product knowledge of hotel services/facilities, all menu items and their service, in order to maximise guest satisfaction and sales opportunities with each guest contact.
- To maintain a high standard of service at all times, as laid down by standard operating procedures, brand standards and the 'Certified New Hire' workbook.
- To maintain hygiene, safety and fire standards within the work area in adherence with 'Safety Matters' and the hotels 'clean as you go' policy in order to ensure the health of guests and colleagues alike.
- To ensure that all mis-en-place is completed correctly, both prior to and after each shift, in order to maximize both guest and associate satisfaction. Clean all areas of the bar to ensure that Marriott Brand Standards are maintained.
- To deal with all guests requests and concerns in accordance with 'Spirit to Serve' and 'Guest Response' procedures, thereby maximising guest satisfaction whilst maintaining profitability.
- To ensure that all items consumed by guests are correctly charged and that all stocks are controlled in line with audit procedures, in order to maximise revenues and guest satisfaction.
- To ensure that all monies are held in a proper manner, recorded and locked away in accordance with company standards.
- To provide flexible working hours as per operational needs and learn all aspects of Food and Beverage operations.
Qualifications and Skills
There are a range of qualifications, skills and characteristics we are looking for to successfully fill this role. These include:
- Some previous Food & Beverage serving experience or in similar environment
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Strong communication skills, with a good level of English.
Progression and Benefits
'Open doors to opportunity' is Marriott's primary vision and as a consequence, the organisation is regularly looking to invest in its associates to ensure they are given the opportunities to grow and progress. To support this there are a range of benefits the company offers, including:
- Free meals on shift.
- Free use of our on-site leisure facilities.
- Discounted stays at Marriott hotels worldwide.
- Free Car parking
- Training and development opportunities.
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.