Restaurant and Bar Manager - LancashirePosting Date
Jun 14, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Lancashire, LANCASHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Restaurant and Bar Managers at our Marriott Hotels enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will be welcoming and hosting our guests across our Cast Iron and Grill Restaurant and Brew Bar.
The Preston Marriott Hotel is a grand Victorian manor house which sits in landscaped gardens and exudes charm and warmth from the moment you arrive. It situated just off the M6 motorway on the outskirts of the city and it easily accessible by car and it is also on a main public transport route.
Preston Marriott is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our Brew Bar and Cast Iron Bar and Grill. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities. Preston Marriott Hotel has fully equipped fitness centre and swimming pool.
This position is responsible for all the restaurant and bars operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations. Oversees guest and associate satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Develops and implements business plan for restaurant and bars.
Specific duties include;
- Ensure that staff are working together as a team
- Inspect work areas and staff uniforms for defects
- Assist in coaching, hiring and developing
- Preparing and monitor the Restaurant & Bar areas for service and guest comfort
- Providing a warm welcome to guests, advising them of menu options and answering questions about products & services where necessary
- Record all transactions in the MICROS till system at time of order
- Provide food and beverage service, including alcohol and non-vegetarian items
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
- Complete closing duties, including cash handling/banking
- Report any maintenance or security issues to supervisors
- Participate in training when required
Perks you deserve
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Meals on duty
- Generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Scheme to help guide you through the challenging times in your life
- Recommend a Friend
- Length of Service Recognition
- Life Assurance Cover
- Access to the fantastic Marriott UK Benefits Site where you can take advantage of great discounts including, travel, cycle to work, shopping discounts at over 60 major UK retailers and so much more
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.