Housekeeping Supervisor - United Kingdom Posting Date
Jul 19, 2021Job Number
Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our Housekeeping team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
Act as a liaison between Housekeeping, Guests and other departments to ensure a positive hotel experience for guest rooms and public areas. This position provides a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon Housekeeping associates' needs. The role responds to guest requests on the floor and additionally will assist the Executive Housekeeper with day-to-day operations of the housekeeping departments. Provide training, coaching, counselling and development to all housekeeping employees. The Supervisor ensures we have the right room for the right guest ready at the right time, all the time!
The role includes the responsibility for the cleanliness and good order of rooms and corridors to assist with the comfort and well-being of guests during their stay at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
- Clean required arrival room according to daily occupancy levels
- Prepare stayover services as required.
- Clean other areas of the hotel as required
- Reporting of occupied rooms if they have not been used.
- Carry out any other Housekeeping duties when required
- To organise the teams daily tasks and room assignment for cleaning in the mornings as required.
- *NEW Check in lost property immediately and assist with the lost property process when required.
- When required, formal inspection of VIP rooms
- Spot-check guestrooms, corridors and public areas for cleanliness and appearance when and if required
- Train and monitor performance of the Room Attendants consistently. Provide organization, instruction, guidance, communication, counselling.
- Review all relevant communication channels (Opera, Empower, Front Office, etc) for guest requests, such as early arrival, late departure, and special requests and ensure it is provided. Coach team on understanding importance of special request delivery
- Remain visible and accessible on the floors for guest requests
- Complete required administrative functions for start of day, scheduling, office tasks, work distribution and end of day
- Conduct annual PMP reviews for all reports
- Report all maintenance deficiencies in guestrooms and corridors via work orders ensuring that a Log is created for Each Floor, All Suites and the Grand Suite.
When you join Marriott International, the world's largest hospitality company, you will enjoy unlimited career opportunities; discounted hotel rates for you, your friends and your family; a food and beverage discount plus an environment where your development is our priority.
Salary: 19,575 per annum
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.