Night Cleaner - Kitchen - West Midlands Posting Date
Jun 21, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family. An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Housekeeping team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities. The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station. Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness center.
To clean and maintain high standards in the kitchen areas only.
Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred but not essential.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- High attention to detail
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting. Using the guests name were possible.
- Interact with hotel guests when assisting with enquiries.
- To be aware of hotel's layout and facilities.
- To ensure that all kitchen are cleaned and maintained to the highest level of cleanliness according to the agreed standard.
- Work to timings and schedules around conferences and functions.
- Ensure all kitchen amenities are replenished and waste bin bags are changed.
- Hoover and dust corridors clean fire doors, brasses, daily.
- Carry out the 'Job of the day' to the highest standard.
- Perform spring-cleaning and special assigned duties when requested.
- Ensure correct door knocking procedure is followed if requested to take an item to a room.
- Follow cleaning schedule to ensure the correct solvents/cleaning products are used at all times, adhering to COSHH regulations.
- Dust all furniture, fixtures and fittings.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to manager/supervisor
- Regularly check and empty vacuum bag when needed.
- Immediately hand any lost property to the Supervisor, noting time, place and date.
- Report all maintenance faults to Supervisor.
- To strictly follow the procedure for general security of master keys and allowing guests access to rooms when asked to be let in.
- To report any suspicions items or circumstances to your Supervisor.
- To ensure lights, electricity, gas and water are not used unnecessarily in your working area.
- Fully understand all fire and emergency evacuation procedures. Observes Company and Statutory Health and Safety Regulations.
- Keep uniform smart and clean at all times. Maintain personal hygiene standards at all times.
- Name badge to be worn at all times.
- Attend Departmental meetings, participating when appropriate.
- Attend any training sessions as identified or requested by Head of Department. To be fully trained and to understand COSHH/Health and Safety.
- All Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently
- Deep clean all kitchen areas.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours.