Food & Beverage Associate - London Posting Date
Jul 19, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf, 22 Hertsmere Road Canary Wharf, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The F&B associate is responsible to deliver the vision of the F&B Outlet by providing consistently a hospitable, pro-active, engaging, knowledgeable and attentive service in an efficient, courteous and professional manner following Marriott standard and procedures, these are to ensure guest expectations are met and exceeded. The F&B associate has to be fully aware of the departmental targets, vision and mission. Ensure that suggestive selling and recommendation is followed using local sales standards and tools to create an up sell and exceeding experience for all guests. Furthermore ensure all orders taken, set-up instructions followed and payments processed are accurately and according to international and local standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that service stations are prepared stocked and ready for service.
- Greets all guests using the guests' name as often as possible.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Takes orders, serves food and drinks to ensure that guests have a great experience within the department. Follows the 'sequence of service' for all meal periods accordingly at all times.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Ensures that all the side jobs assigned at the beginning of the shift are followed and finished before shift end.
- Maintains highest level of cleanliness, including safety of furniture, fixtures and fittings. Uses 'clean as you go' policy to ensure a clean and tidy work area.
- Ensures that the guest bills are accurate. For Bar service the bill has to be on the table at all times as per the redlining LSOP.
- Ensures that payment is received from all guests and payments as well as all orders are being posted in Micros.
- Recommends and 'sells' to guests through menu knowledge, suggestive and up-selling techniques.
- Is responsible for the safe keeping of all keys.
- Ensures that all food and beverage products are correctly stored, dated, labelled and rotated where necessary.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Maintains a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, and meet hotel grooming and uniform standards.
- Ensure the Cashier Sheets are accurate and any discrepancies are noted and signed by a supervisor. Also ensures Executive charges, discounts, promotions are recorded accurately and signed by a supervisor or manager.
- Maintains healthy inter-departmental relationships.
- Adheres to the Licensing Laws and Weights and Measure Acts
- Is empowered to deal with guest problems, through following the LEARN process, and completes guest response forms. Seeks advice when unsure what to do.
- Promotes awareness of health, safety and security within the department for associates and guests. Example fire alert points, exits, extinguishers, table clips etc.
- Develops self and others, by responding and giving feedback to other associates.
- Attends 15 minute trainings, pre-shift briefings, taste panels and departmental meetings in order to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Carries out any other duty/function that may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
- Have general knowledge about the hotel's facilities and features.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.