Team Leader - Food to Go - Tottenham Court
What, where, how long and how much! (Plus other bits)
- What - Team Member, Food to Go
- Where - Tottenham Court Walk, Central London
- How Long - 37.5 hours
- How much - £10.80 per hour
Team Leader Benefits (after completion of probation period
Access to our lifestyle portal which has high street discounts, cinema and gym discounts, specifically tailored well-being support and various free training courses.
Employee Payroll Benefits (opened yearly for staff to choose)
- Corporate discounted health and insurance products (PMI, Health Cash Plan, Travel Insurance, Life Assurance, health screening)
- Kids passes getting you discounts to 5000+ family locations
- Dine club membership giving you discounts at thousands of restaurants
- 25% Store discount (from day 1)
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- 1 extra day holiday for over 3 years’ service
- 2 extra days holiday for over 5 years’ service
- CTW scheme (after 12 month service)
Do you know who we are, and what we do?
When Planet Organic opened its doors in 1995, it was Renée Elliott's dream to offer the best and widest range of organic foods available, and her mission to promote health in the community and to bring a sense of discovery and adventure into food shopping.
Fast forward to 2018 and we currently have 8 stores in London with over 300 employees.
The simple truth is that foods should be natural and wholesome. We advocate that food be authentic and ethical, freshly prepared and tasty – not a mere convenience. We believe in ethical and sustainable farming and place great emphasis on the provenance of all our products. At Planet Organic you’ll find nutritious, seasonal and organic food with the goodness intact. You’ll find wide ranges of natural health foods suitable for all speciality diets, as well as a ground-breaking raw foods range.
We hope that you find inspiration, excitement and good health from the food you eat and learn, like us, that to eat well is to live better.
Why join us?
Like us you’ll believe that food wasn’t meant to be meddled with or tainted with chemicals. So we’ll always say no to artificial additives, hydrogenated fats, highly processed foods, and of course GM!
We like to promote from within and offer a wide variety of roles, in fact 25% of our people move into different roles (even different stores!) or are promoted every year, in fact 7 out of our 8 Store Managers started in more junior positions in the business.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and you can read our Gender Pay Gap report here:
What you will bring to the team (and what you will be doing)
You are what you can bring to the team!
We are looking for positive people to join us. A warm, friendly and outgoing personality in order to welcome and engage with our customers is what we are looking for. Customer service is extremely important to Planet Organic and we want people who can smile, acknowledge every customer, have high standards, and are flexible, punctual, reliable and hard working.
We are looking for someone to join our Food to Go department. Ideally you will have had previous experience either in a coffee or juice bar, or in a food service environment. (But don’t worry if you haven’t – there are ways we can teach you!)
When you are at work you can expect to be doing the following:
- Making coffees (Actual proper coffee not just pressing buttons), juices, smoothies and serving hot and cold food.
- Recommending products to customers and answering any questions they have (If you can’t answer it don’t worry – someone else in the team will help you!)
- Providing fantastic customer service in a warm, friendly and engaging way.
- Processing transactions on the till.
- Follow our opening and closing procedures
- Carrying out temperature checks in line with health and safety standards.
- Cleaning and tidying the service and seating areas as required.
Apply now or pop in to the store to talk with any of the Management Team!