Housekeeper - Ashbourne Heights Holiday Park
- Location: Ashbourne Heights Holiday Park
- Salary: £8.91 per hour
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Hours of Work: 3/4 days including weekends
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented people and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
Park Holidays are looking for a standard driven professional to work alongside our Holiday Services Manager to help manage the Hire Fleet at one of our Parks in Derbyshire. Due to the continuing success of our hire fleet we are on the look-out for an energetic individual with an eye for detail. Great place to work, and career progression for the right individual. If you are looking for your next challenge this could be for you.
Set in the beautiful Peak District Ashbourne Heights is a peaceful park with direct access to the Tissington Trail. With many walks in and around the local area Ashbourne Heights is extremely popular with walkers. Only a 10 minute drive from the market town of Ashbourne we have plenty to offer.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- To monitor the standards of work of all hire fleet cleaners, ensuring work is to the agreed operating standards
- To prepare a cleaning rota each week, allocating units to be cleaned
- Check and prepare an inventory for all units, to maintain levels of inventory in unit and stores
- Check beds, linen, pillows and duvets on each intake, monitoring to ensure stock is repaired/ replaced as required
- Check for repairs which need attention and report them to the maintenance department/ holiday sales manager
- To maintain cleanliness of duvets and duvet covers on a weekly basis
- Efficiently and effectively manage storage of all cleaning equipment and bedding
- To ensure all cleaning staff are aware and comply with the Company’s Health & Safety standards and are COSHH trained (internal cleaners only)
- To obtain relevant risk assessments and method statements from cleaning contractors (contract cleaners only)
- Check refrigerators for over-icing and defrost if necessary
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, inform the holiday sales manager if any of them are not working or seem to be missing
- To undertake regular checks of staff accommodation to include relevant certification, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- To manage the accommodation/ stores laundry facility
The successful candidate should possess:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A professional and outgoing personality
- A clear understanding of and ability to maintain Company confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work under own initiative
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous experience is preferred but not essential
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (incl Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 43 caravan parks situated throughout the UK we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland. We offer great value family holidays and short breaks, with a small selection of touring and camping too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.