Operations Manager - London
Salary - Competitive
In November 2021, we'll open the doors to Nuffield Health at the historic Barbican Health Club. Located on Aldergate Road, this site will become London's leading fitness and wellbeing centre with connected health services at the forefront of the journey.
Our new site will consist of the Barbican Fitness and Wellbeing Club, Barbican Medical Centre and will partner our new London Hospital at St Bartholomews, the City of London's only independent hospital and the next step in our journey to building a healthier nation.
Our Barbican Health and Wellbeing Centre will comprise of:
- Four dedicated studios
- State of the art techno gym equipment
- Indoor running track
- 20m Swimming pool
- Medical centre
- Pathology laboratory
Join us as our Operations Manager for Britain's largest not-for profit healthcare organisation and play your part in building a healthier nation
As our Operations Manager you will;
- Make sure we attain minimum standards as dictated by the Health & Safety Legislation and internal Audit requirements.
- Support the General Manager with technical support and guidance.
- Continually improve site standards.
- Instil a real sales mentality into the duty management and reception teams, so that they have the confidence and pride to promote our services to members.
- Recruit, developing and managing effective duty managers and front of house teams with the capabilities, attitude and enthusiasm to deliver our organisational quality, health improvement and commercial goals.
To succeed as our Operations Manager you will need:
- A proven operational background within the leisure or hospitality industry, or another equally operationally challenging, sector.
- A track record of managing performance, improving potential and effectively leading teams.
- Passion for health and safety, you will have either achieved or be working towards a H&S related qualification.
- A National Pool Lifeguard Qualified Assessor.
- A drive to continually improve the environment around you for the good of others.
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days' annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.